Rebate Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Rebate meaning in French rabais. Rebate meaning has been search 2251 (two thousand two hundred and fifty-one) times till 12/1/2022. You can also find Rebate meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To abate; to withdraw.
- (n.) A rectangular longitudinal recess or groove, cut in the corner or edge of any body; a rabbet. See Rabbet.
- (n.) A piece of wood hafted into a long stick, and serving to beat out mortar.
- (n.) Deduction; abatement; as, a rebate of interest for immediate payment; a rebate of importation duties.
- (n.) An iron tool sharpened something like a chisel, and used for dressing and polishing wood.
- (v. t.) To cut a rebate in. See Rabbet, v.
- (v. t.) To beat to obtuseness; to deprive of keenness; to blunt; to turn back the point of, as a lance used for exercise.
- (n.) Diminution.
- (n.) A kind of hard freestone used in making pavements.
- (v. t.) To deduct from; to make a discount from, as interest due, or customs duties.
Multi Language Dictionary