Reclaim Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Reclaim meaning in French défricher. Reclaim meaning has been search 3451 (three thousand four hundred and fifty-one) times till 8/13/2022. You can also find Reclaim meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To call back from flight or disorderly action; to call to, for the purpose of subduing or quieting.
- (v. i.) To cry out in opposition or contradiction; to exclaim against anything; to contradict; to take exceptions.
- (n.) The act of reclaiming, or the state of being reclaimed; reclamation; recovery.
- (v. i.) To bring anyone back from evil courses; to reform.
- (v. t.) Hence: To reduce to a desired state by discipline, labor, cultivation, or the like; to rescue from being wild, desert, waste, submerged, or the like; as, to reclaim wild land, overflowed land, etc.
- (v. t.) To claim back; to demand the return of as a right; to attempt to recover possession of.
- (v. t.) To reduce from a wild to a tamed state; to bring under discipline; -- said especially of birds trained for the chase, but also of other animals.
- (v. t.) To call back to rectitude from moral wandering or transgression; to draw back to correct deportment or course of life; to reform.
- (v. t.) To exclaim against; to gainsay.
- (v. i.) To draw back; to give way.
- (v. t.) To call back, as a hawk to the wrist in falconry, by a certain customary call.
- (v. t.) To correct; to reform; -- said of things.
Multi Language Dictionary