• Remained Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Remain
• Remain Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To await; to be left to.
- (n.) That which is left; relic; remainder; -- chiefly in the plural.
- (v. i.) To stay behind while others withdraw; to be left after others have been removed or destroyed; to be left after a number or quantity has been subtracted or cut off; to be left as not included or comprised.
- (n.) The posthumous works or productions, esp. literary works, of one who is dead; as, Cecils
- (n.) State of remaining; stay.
- (n.) That which is left of a human being after the life is gone; relics; a dead body.
- (v. i.) To continue unchanged in place, form, or condition, or undiminished in quantity; to abide; to stay; to endure; to last.