• Restrain Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To draw back toghtly, as a rein.
- (v. t.) To hinder from unlimited enjoiment; to abridge.
- (v. t.) To draw back again; to hold back from acting, proceeding, or advancing, either by physical or moral force, or by any interposing obstacle; to repress or suppress; to keep down; to curb.
- (v. t.) To limit; to confine; to restrict.
- (v. t.) To withhold; to forbear.
• Restraining Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Restrain
• Restrainment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of restraining.