• Roused Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rouse
• Rouse Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be exited to thought or action from a state of indolence or inattention.
- (v. i. & t.) To pull or haul strongly and all together, as upon a rope, without the assistance of mechanical appliances.
- (v. i.) To get or start up; to rise.
- (v.) To wake from sleep or repose; as, to rouse one early or suddenly.
- (v. i.) To awake from sleep or repose.
- (n.) A carousal; a festival; a drinking frolic.
- (n.) A bumper in honor of a toast or health.
- (v.) To raise; to make erect.
- (v.) To cause to start from a covert or lurking place; as, to rouse a deer or other animal of the chase.
- (v.) To put in motion; to stir up; to agitate.
- (v.) To excite to lively thought or action from a state of idleness, languor, stupidity, or indifference; as, to rouse the faculties, passions, or emotions.