Sack Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Sack meaning in French sac. Sack meaning has been search 4132 (four thousand one hundred and thirty-two) times till 8/18/2022. You can also find Sack meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) A measure of varying capacity, according to local usage and the substance. The American sack of salt is 215 pounds; the sack of wheat, two bushels.
- (n.) A bag for holding and carrying goods of any kind; a receptacle made of some kind of pliable material, as cloth, leather, and the like; a large pouch.
- (v. t.) To bear or carry in a sack upon the back or the shoulders.
- (n.) A name formerly given to various dry Spanish wines.
- (n.) Originally, a loosely hanging garment for women, worn like a cloak about the shoulders, and serving as a decorative appendage to the gown; now, an outer garment with sleeves, worn by women; as, a dressing sack.
- (v. t.) To put in a sack; to bag; as, to sack corn.
- (n.) A sack coat; a kind of coat worn by men, and extending from top to bottom without a cross seam.
- (n.) See 2d Sac, 2.
- (n.) The pillage or plunder, as of a town or city; the storm and plunder of a town; devastation; ravage.
- (n.) Bed.
- (v. t.) To plunder or pillage, as a town or city; to devastate; to ravage.
Multi Language Dictionary