Salute Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Salute meaning in French salut. Salute meaning has been search 27258 (twenty-seven thousand two hundred and fifty-eight) times till 10/23/2021. You can also find Salute meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To promote the welfare and safety of; to benefit; to gratify.
- (v. t.) To honor, as some day, person, or nation, by a discharge of cannon or small arms, by dipping colors, by cheers, etc.
- (v. t.) To address, as with expressions of kind wishes and courtesy; to greet; to hail.
- (v.) A sign, token, or ceremony, expressing good will, compliment, or respect, as a kiss, a bow, etc.
- (v.) The act of saluting, or expressing kind wishes or respect; salutation; greeting.
- (v.) A token of respect or honor for some distinguished or official personage, for a foreign vessel or flag, or for some festival or event, as by presenting arms, by a discharge of cannon, volleys of small arms, dipping the colors or the topsails, etc.
- (v. t.) Hence, to give a sign of good will; to compliment by an act or ceremony, as a kiss, a bow, etc.
Multi Language Dictionary