• Sample Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Example; pattern.
- (v. t.) To make or show something similar to; to match.
- (v. t.) To take or to test a sample or samples of; as, to sample sugar, teas, wools, cloths.
- (n.) A part of anything presented for inspection, or shown as evidence of the quality of the whole; a specimen; as, goods are often purchased by samples.
• Sampler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who makes up samples for inspection; one who examines samples, or by samples; as, a wool sampler.
- (n.) A pattern; a specimen; especially, a collection of needlework patterns, as letters, borders, etc., to be used as samples, or to display the skill of the worker.