Shock Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Shock meaning in French choc. Shock meaning has been search 3182 (three thousand one hundred and eighty-two) times till 10/15/2021. You can also find Shock meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To subject to the action of an electrical discharge so as to cause a more or less violent depression or commotion of the nervous system.
- (a.) Bushy; shaggy; as, a shock hair.
- (v.) To strike with surprise, terror, horror, or disgust; to cause to recoil; as, his violence shocked his associates.
- (n.) A dog with long hair or shag; -- called also shockdog.
- (v. i.) To meet with a shock; to meet in violent encounter.
- (n.) A lot consisting of sixty pieces; -- a term applied in some Baltic ports to loose goods.
- (n.) A thick mass of bushy hair; as, a head covered with a shock of sandy hair.
- (n.) A pile or assemblage of sheaves of grain, as wheat, rye, or the like, set up in a field, the sheaves varying in number from twelve to sixteen; a stook.
- (v.) To give a shock to; to cause to shake or waver; hence, to strike against suddenly; to encounter with violence.
- (v. i.) To be occupied with making shocks.
- (v. t.) To collect, or make up, into a shock or shocks; to stook; as, to shock rye.
- (n.) A sudden agitation of the mind or feelings; a sensation of pleasure or pain caused by something unexpected or overpowering; also, a sudden agitating or overpowering event.
- (n.) A sudden depression of the vital forces of the entire body, or of a port of it, marking some profound impression produced upon the nervous system, as by severe injury, overpowering emotion, or the like.
- (n.) The sudden convulsion or contraction of the muscles, with the feeling of a concussion, caused by the discharge, through the animal system, of electricity from a charged body.
- (n.) A quivering or shaking which is the effect of a blow, collision, or violent impulse; a blow, impact, or collision; a concussion; a sudden violent impulse or onset.
Multi Language Dictionary