Slice Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Slice meaning in French tranche. Slice meaning has been search 3526 (three thousand five hundred and twenty-six) times till 10/7/2022. You can also find Slice meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To hit (the ball) so that the face of the club draws across the face of the ball and deflects it.
- (v. t.) A removable sliding bottom to galley.
- (v. t.) One of the wedges by which the cradle and the ship are lifted clear of the building blocks to prepare for launching.
- (v. t.) A knife with a thin, broad blade for taking up or serving fish; also, a spatula for spreading anything, as paint or ink.
- (v. t.) To cut into parts; to divide.
- (v. t.) A salver, platter, or tray.
- (v. t.) To clear by means of a slice bar, as a fire or the grate bars of a furnace.
- (v. t.) To cut into thin pieces, or to cut off a thin, broad piece from.
- (v. t.) A thin, broad piece cut off; as, a slice of bacon; a slice of cheese; a slice of bread.
- (v. t.) A broad, thin piece of plaster.
- (v. t.) That which is thin and broad, like a slice.
- (v. t.) A plate of iron with a handle, forming a kind of chisel, or a spadelike implement, variously proportioned, and used for various purposes, as for stripping the planking from a vessels side, for cutting blubber from a whale, or for stirring a fire of coals; a slice bar; a peel; a fire shovel.
Multi Language Dictionary