• Sloping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Slope
- (a.) Inclining or inclined from the plane of the horizon, or from a horizontal or other right line; oblique; declivous; slanting.
• Slop Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Mean and weak drink or liquid food; -- usually in the plural.
- (v. i.) To overflow or be spilled as a liquid, by the motion of the vessel containing it; -- often with over.
- (n.) Water or other liquid carelessly spilled or thrown aboyt, as upon a table or a floor; a puddle; a soiled spot.
- (v. i.) Ready-made clothes; also, among seamen, clothing, bedding, and other furnishings.
- (v. i.) A loose lower garment; loose breeches; chiefly used in the plural.
- (v. t.) To cause to overflow, as a liquid, by the motion of the vessel containing it; to spill.
- (v. t.) To spill liquid upon; to soil with a liquid spilled.
- (v. i.) Any kind of outer garment made of linen or cotton, as a night dress, or a smock frock.
- (n.) Dirty water; water in which anything has been washed or rinsed; water from wash-bowls, etc.
• Slope Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The part of a continent descending toward, and draining to, a particular ocean; as, the Pacific slope.
- (v. i.) To depart; to disappear suddenly.
- (v. i.) To take an oblique direction; to be at an angle with the plane of the horizon; to incline; as, the ground slopes.
- (v. i.) Any ground whose surface forms an angle with the plane of the horizon.
- (v. t.) To form with a slope; to give an oblique or slanting direction to; to direct obliquely; to incline; to slant; as, to slope the ground in a garden; to slope a piece of cloth in cutting a garment.
- (v. i.) An oblique direction; a line or direction including from a horizontal line or direction; also, sometimes, an inclination, as of one line or surface to another.
- (adv.) In a sloping manner.
- (a.) Sloping.