Sound Meaning in Urdu
Sound meaning in English to Urdu is آواز (Awaz). Sound synonym words are included Fathom, Go, Good, Healthy, Heavy, Intelligent, Legal, Phone, Profound, Reasoned, Soundly, Strait, Talking, Vocalize, Voice. Similar words of Sound are also commonly used in daily talk like as Sound Proof.
Sound Sentence & Examples
- Any drug that induces sound sleep or laziness.
- Distant drums sound sweeter.
- There Is One Syllable Per Vowel Sound In A Word.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Sound Definition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to exit as a sound; as, to sound a note with the voice, or on an instrument.
- (superl.) Healthy; not diseased; not being in a morbid state; -- said of body or mind; as, a sound body; a sound constitution; a sound understanding.
- (superl.) Founded in law; legal; valid; not defective; as, a sound title to land.
- (v. t.) To causse to make a noise; to play on; as, to sound a trumpet or a horn.
- (superl.) Free from error; correct; right; honest; true; faithful; orthodox; -- said of persons; as, a sound lawyer; a sound thinker.
- (n.) A cuttlefish.
- (superl.) heavy; laid on with force; as, a sound beating.
- (n.) Noise without signification; empty noise; noise and nothing else.
- (superl.) Undisturbed; deep; profound; as, sound sleep.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To ascertain, or try to ascertain, the thoughts, motives, and purposes of (a person); to examine; to try; to test; to probe.
- (v. t.) To measure the depth of; to fathom; especially, to ascertain the depth of by means of a line and plummet.
- (n.) The air bladder of a fish; as, cod sounds are an esteemed article of food.
- (n.) A narrow passage of water, or a strait between the mainland and an island; also, a strait connecting two seas, or connecting a sea or lake with the ocean; as, the Sound between the Baltic and the german Ocean; Long Island Sound.
- (adv.) Soundly.
- (v. t.) To order, direct, indicate, or proclain by a sound, or sounds; to give a signal for by a certain sound; as, to sound a retreat; to sound a parley.
- (v. i.) To make or convey a certain impression, or to have a certain import, when heard; hence, to seem; to appear; as, this reproof sounds harsh; the story sounds like an invention.
- (superl.) Whole; unbroken; unharmed; free from flaw, defect, or decay; perfect of the kind; as, sound timber; sound fruit; a sound tooth; a sound ship.
- (v. i.) To be conveyed in sound; to be spread or published; to convey intelligence by sound.
- (v. i.) To make a noise; to utter a voice; to make an impulse of the air that shall strike the organs of hearing with a perceptible effect.
- (v. t.) To signify; to import; to denote.
- (v. i.) To ascertain the depth of water with a sounding line or other device.
- (n.) The occasion of sound; the impulse or vibration which would occasion sound to a percipient if present with unimpaired; hence, the theory of vibrations in elastic media such cause sound; as, a treatise on sound.
- (superl.) Firm; strong; safe.
- (v. t.) To examine the condition of (anything) by causing the same to emit sounds and noting their character; as, to sound a piece of timber; to sound a vase; to sound the lungs of a patient.
- (n.) Any elongated instrument or probe, usually metallic, by which cavities of the body are sounded or explored, especially the bladder for stone, or the urethra for a stricture.
- (v. t.) To celebrate or honor by sounds; to cause to be reported; to publish or proclaim; as, to sound the praises of fame of a great man or a great exploit.
- (v. t.) To explore, as the bladder or urethra, with a sound; to examine with a sound; also, to examine by auscultation or percussion; as, to sound a patient.
- (superl.) Founded in truth or right; supported by justice; not to be overthrown on refuted; not fallacious; as, sound argument or reasoning; a sound objection; sound doctrine; sound principles.
- (n.) The peceived object occasioned by the impulse or vibration of a material substance affecting the ear; a sensation or perception of the mind received through the ear, and produced by the impulse or vibration of the air or other medium with which the ear is in contact; the effect of an impression made on the organs of hearing by an impulse or vibration of the air caused by a collision of bodies, or by other means; noise; report; as, the sound of a drum; the sound of the human voice; a horrid sound; a charming sound; a sharp, high, or shrill sound.
Sound Urdu Meaning with Definition
Sound is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Sound meaning in Urdu is a آواز - Awaz. Sound word is driven by the English language. Sound word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Sound meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Sound stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Sound word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Sound, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Sound Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary