• Sport Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sportsman; a gambler.
- (n.) Play; idle jingle.
- (v. i.) To play; to frolic; to wanton.
- (n.) Diversion of the field, as fowling, hunting, fishing, racing, games, and the like, esp. when money is staked.
- (n.) That with which one plays, or which is driven about in play; a toy; a plaything; an object of mockery.
- (v. i.) To practice the diversions of the field or the turf; to be given to betting, as upon races.
- (v. t.) To exhibit, or bring out, in public; to use or wear; as, to sport a new equipage.
- (n.) A plant or an animal, or part of a plant or animal, which has some peculiarity not usually seen in the species; an abnormal variety or growth. See Sporting plant, under Sporting.
- (v. t.) To divert; to amuse; to make merry; -- used with the reciprocal pronoun.
- (v. i.) To assume suddenly a new and different character from the rest of the plant or from the type of the species; -- said of a bud, shoot, plant, or animal. See Sport, n., 6.
- (n.) Mock; mockery; contemptuous mirth; derision.
- (v. t.) To give utterance to in a sportive manner; to throw out in an easy and copious manner; -- with off; as, to sport off epigrams.
- (v. t.) To represent by any knd of play.
- (v. i.) To trifle.
- (n.) That which diverts, and makes mirth; pastime; amusement.
• Sportal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to sports; used in sports.
• Sportling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A little person or creature engaged in sports or in play.