• Straddle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To stand with the ends staggered; -- said of the spokes of a wagon wheel where they join the hub.
- (n.) A stock option giving the holder the double privilege of a "put" and a "call," i. e., securing to the buyer of the option the right either to demand of the seller at a certain price, within a certain time, certain securities, or to require him to take at the same price, and within the same time, the same securities.
- (v. i.) To part the legs wide; to stand or to walk with the legs far apart.
- (v. t.) To place one leg on one side and the other on the other side of; to stand or sit astride of; as, to straddle a fence or a horse.
- (n.) The position, or the distance between the feet, of one who straddles; as, a wide straddle.
- (n.) The act of standing, sitting, or walking, with the feet far apart.
• Straddled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Straddle