• Strangles Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A disease in horses and swine, in which the upper part of the throat, or groups of lymphatic glands elsewhere, swells.
• Strangle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To compress the windpipe of (a person or animal) until death results from stoppage of respiration; to choke to death by compressing the throat, as with the hand or a rope.
- (v. i.) To be strangled, or suffocated.
- (v. t.) To stifle, choke, or suffocate in any manner.
- (v. t.) To hinder from appearance; to stifle; to suppress.