Stress Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Stress meaning in French pression. Stress meaning has been search 3182 (three thousand one hundred and eighty-two) times till 12/7/2021. You can also find Stress meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To subject to phonetic stress; to accent.
- (v. t.) To place emphasis on; to make emphatic; emphasize.
- (n.) The force, or combination of forces, which produces a strain; force exerted in any direction or manner between contiguous bodies, or parts of bodies, and taking specific names according to its direction, or mode of action, as thrust or pressure, pull or tension, shear or tangential stress.
- (n.) Pressure, strain; -- used chiefly of immaterial things; except in mechanics; hence, urgency; importance; weight; significance.
- (n.) Force of utterance expended upon words or syllables. Stress is in English the chief element in accent and is one of the most important in emphasis. See Guide to pronunciation, // 31-35.
- (v. t.) To press; to urge; to distress; to put to difficulties.
- (v. t.) To subject to stress, pressure, or strain.
- (n.) Distress.
- (n.) Distress; the act of distraining; also, the thing distrained.
Multi Language Dictionary