Strut Meaning in French
Find Pakistan's authentic, largest, and latest collection of Meanings, Synonyms, Thesaurus, with Antanoyms, Definitions of wide range of different languages words online.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (a.) Protuberant.
- (v. t.) To hold apart. Cf. Strut, n., 3.
- (v. t.) To swell; to bulge out.
- (v. t.) To walk with a lofty, proud gait, and erect head; to walk with affected dignity.
- (n.) In general, any piece of a frame which resists thrust or pressure in the direction of its own length. See Brace, and Illust. of Frame, and Roof.
- (n.) The act of strutting; a pompous step or walk.
- (n.) Any part of a machine or structure, of which the principal function is to hold things apart; a brace subjected to compressive stress; -- the opposite of stay, and tie.
Multi Language Dictionary