Style Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Style meaning in French style. Style meaning has been search 3160 (three thousand one hundred and sixty) times till 5/25/2022. You can also find Style meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) A kind of blunt-pointed surgical instrument.
- (v. t.) Mode of presentation, especially in music or any of the fine arts; a characteristic of peculiar mode of developing in idea or accomplishing a result.
- (v. t.) Conformity to a recognized standard; manner which is deemed elegant and appropriate, especially in social demeanor; fashion.
- (v. t.) Hence, anything resembling the ancient style in shape or use.
- (v. t.) The elongated part of a pistil between the ovary and the stigma. See Illust. of Stamen, and of Pistil.
- (v. t.) An instrument used by the ancients in writing on tablets covered with wax, having one of its ends sharp, and the other blunt, and somewhat expanded, for the purpose of making erasures by smoothing the wax.
- (v. t.) Mode or phrase by which anything is formally designated; the title; the official designation of any important body; mode of address; as, the style of Majesty.
- (v. t.) A sharp-pointed tool used in engraving; a graver.
- (v. t.) A long, slender, bristlelike process, as the anal styles of insects.
- (v. t.) To entitle; to term, name, or call; to denominate.
- (v. t.) A pen; an authors pen.
- (v. t.) A mode of reckoning time, with regard to the Julian and Gregorian calendars.
- (v. t.) Mode of expressing thought in language, whether oral or written; especially, such use of language in the expression of thought as exhibits the spirit and faculty of an artist; choice or arrangement of words in discourse; rhetorical expression.
- (v. t.) The pin, or gnomon, of a dial, the shadow of which indicates the hour. See Gnomon.
Multi Language Dictionary