Suckering Meaning in Spanish
Find Pakistan's authentic, largest, and latest collection of Meanings, Synonyms, Thesaurus, with Antanoyms, Definitions of wide range of different languages words online.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
Definition & Meaning
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sucker
- (n.) A parasite; a sponger. See def. 6, above.
- (n.) A pipe through which anything is drawn.
- (n.) The lumpfish.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of North American fresh-water cyprinoid fishes of the family Catostomidae; so called because the lips are protrusile. The flesh is coarse, and they are of little value as food. The most common species of the Eastern United States are the northern sucker (Catostomus Commersoni), the white sucker (C. teres), the hog sucker (C. nigricans), and the chub, or sweet sucker (Erimyzon sucetta). Some of the large Western species are called buffalo fish, red horse, black horse, and suckerel.
- (n.) The remora.
- (n.) A small piece of leather, usually round, having a string attached to the center, which, when saturated with water and pressed upon a stone or other body having a smooth surface, adheres, by reason of the atmospheric pressure, with such force as to enable a considerable weight to be thus lifted by the string; -- used by children as a plaything.
- (n.) The embolus, or bucket, of a pump; also, the valve of a pump basket.
- (n.) A suckling; a sucking animal.
- (v. t.) To strip off the suckers or shoots from; to deprive of suckers; as, to sucker maize.
- (n.) One who, or that which, sucks; esp., one of the organs by which certain animals, as the octopus and remora, adhere to other bodies.
- (v. i.) To form suckers; as, corn suckers abundantly.
- (n.) A nickname applied to a native of Illinois.
- (n.) A hard drinker; a soaker.
- (n.) The hagfish, or myxine.
- (n.) A shoot from the roots or lower part of the stem of a plant; -- so called, perhaps, from diverting nourishment from the body of the plant.
- (n.) A California food fish (Menticirrus undulatus) closely allied to the kingfish (a); -- called also bagre.
- (n.) A greenhorn; one easily gulled.
Multi Language Dictionary