Supply Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Supply meaning in French réserve. Supply meaning has been search 3328 (three thousand three hundred and twenty-eight) times till 10/7/2022. You can also find Supply meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) A person who fills a place for a time; one who supplies the place of another; a substitute; esp., a clergyman who supplies a vacant pulpit.
- (n.) The food, and the like, which meets the daily necessities of an army or other large body of men; store; -- used chiefly in the plural; as, the army was discontented for lack of supplies.
- (v. t.) To give; to bring or furnish; to provide; as, to supply money for the war.
- (a.) Serving to contain, deliver, or regulate a supply of anything; as, a supply tank or valve.
- (v. t.) To fill up, or keep full; to furnish with what is wanted; to afford, or furnish with, a sufficiency; as, rivers are supplied by smaller streams; an aqueduct supplies an artificial lake; -- often followed by with before the thing furnished; as, to supply a furnace with fuel; to supply soldiers with ammunition.
- (n.) An amount of money provided, as by Parliament or Congress, to meet the annual national expenditures; generally in the plural; as, to vote supplies.
- (n.) That which supplies a want; sufficiency of things for use or want.
- (n.) The act of supplying; supplial.
- (v. t.) To serve instead of; to take the place of.
- (n.) Auxiliary troops or reenforcements.
- (v. t.) To fill temporarily; to serve as substitute for another in, as a vacant place or office; to occupy; to have possession of; as, to supply a pulpit.
Multi Language Dictionary