• Surge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To swell; to rise hifg and roll.
- (n.) The tapered part of a windlass barrel or a capstan, upon which the cable surges, or slips.
- (n.) The motion of, or produced by, a great wave.
- (v. i.) To slip along a windlass.
- (n.) A spring; a fountain.
- (n.) A large wave or billow; a great, rolling swell of water, produced generally by a high wind.
- (n.) To let go or slacken suddenly, as a rope; as, to surge a hawser or messenger; also, to slacken the rope about (a capstan).
• Surgeonry Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Surgery.
• Surgeoncy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The office or employment of a surgeon, as in the naval or military service.