Survey Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Survey meaning in French vue générale. Survey meaning has been search 2819 (two thousand eight hundred and nineteen) times till 6/25/2022. You can also find Survey meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To view with a scrutinizing eye; to examine.
- (n.) The act of surveying; a general view, as from above.
- (n.) The operation of finding the contour, dimensions, position, or other particulars of, as any part of the earths surface, whether land or water; also, a measured plan and description of any portion of country, or of a road or line through it.
- (v. t.) To inspect, or take a view of; to view with attention, as from a high place; to overlook; as, to stand on a hill, and survey the surrounding country.
- (v. t.) To examine and ascertain, as the boundaries and royalties of a manor, the tenure of the tenants, and the rent and value of the same.
- (v. t.) To determine the form, extent, position, etc., of, as a tract of land, a coast, harbor, or the like, by means of linear and angular measurments, and the application of the principles of geometry and trigonometry; as, to survey land or a coast.
- (n.) A particular view; an examination, especially an official examination, of all the parts or particulars of a thing, with a design to ascertain the condition, quantity, or quality; as, a survey of the stores of a ship; a survey of roads and bridges; a survey of buildings.
- (v. t.) To examine with reference to condition, situation, value, etc.; to examine and ascertain the state of; as, to survey a building in order to determine its value and exposure to loss by fire.
Multi Language Dictionary