Sweet Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Sweet meaning in French bonbon. Sweet meaning has been search 4536 (four thousand five hundred and thirty-six) times till 8/9/2022. You can also find Sweet meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (superl.) Pleasing to the smell; fragrant; redolent; balmy; as, a sweet rose; sweet odor; sweet incense.
- (n.) That which is pleasing or grateful to the mind; as, the sweets of domestic life.
- (superl.) Fresh; not salt or brackish; as, sweet water.
- (superl.) Not changed from a sound or wholesome state. Specifically: (a) Not sour; as, sweet milk or bread. (b) Not state; not putrescent or putrid; not rancid; as, sweet butter; sweet meat or fish.
- (n.) Confectionery, sweetmeats, preserves, etc.
- (n.) Home-made wines, cordials, metheglin, etc.
- (adv.) Sweetly.
- (superl.) Plaesing to the mind; mild; gentle; calm; amiable; winning; presuasive; as, sweet manners.
- (superl.) Having an agreeable taste or flavor such as that of sugar; saccharine; -- opposed to sour and bitter; as, a sweet beverage; sweet fruits; sweet oranges.
- (superl.) Pleasing to the eye; beautiful; mild and attractive; fair; as, a sweet face; a sweet color or complexion.
- (v. t.) To sweeten.
- (superl.) Pleasing to the ear; soft; melodious; harmonious; as, the sweet notes of a flute or an organ; sweet music; a sweet voice; a sweet singer.
- (n.) That which is sweet to the taste; -- used chiefly in the plural.
- (n.) That which is sweet or pleasant in odor; a perfume.
- (n.) One who is dear to another; a darling; -- a term of endearment.
Multi Language Dictionary