Swing Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Swing meaning in French swing. Swing meaning has been search 3498 (three thousand four hundred and ninety-eight) times till 5/22/2022. You can also find Swing meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) To be hanged.
- (n.) Free course; unrestrained liberty or license; tendency.
- (v. t.) To cause to swing or vibrate; to cause to move backward and forward, or from one side to the other.
- (n.) Capacity of a turning lathe, as determined by the diameter of the largest object that can be turned in it.
- (v. t.) To give a circular movement to; to whirl; to brandish; as, to swing a sword; to swing a club; hence, colloquially, to manage; as, to swing a business.
- (n.) Influence of power of a body put in swaying motion.
- (v. i.) To move to and fro, as a body suspended in the air; to wave; to vibrate; to oscillate.
- (n.) Swaying motion from one side or direction to the other; as, some men walk with a swing.
- (v. i.) To use a swing; as, a boy swings for exercise or pleasure. See Swing, n., 3.
- (n.) To turn round by action of wind or tide when at anchor; as, a ship swings with the tide.
- (n.) The act of swinging; a waving, oscillating, or vibratory motion of a hanging or pivoted object; oscillation; as, the swing of a pendulum.
- (v. t.) To admit or turn (anything) for the purpose of shaping it; -- said of a lathe; as, the lathe can swing a pulley of 12 inches diameter.
- (n.) A line, cord, or other thing suspended and hanging loose, upon which anything may swing; especially, an apparatus for recreation by swinging, commonly consisting of a rope, the two ends of which are attached overhead, as to the bough of a tree, a seat being placed in the loop at the bottom; also, any contrivance by which a similar motion is produced for amusement or exercise.
- (v. i.) To sway or move from one side or direction to another; as, the door swung open.
Multi Language Dictionary