Tame Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Tame meaning in French apprivoiser. Tame meaning has been search 3236 (three thousand two hundred and thirty-six) times till 5/23/2022. You can also find Tame meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (a.) To reduce from a wild to a domestic state; to make gentle and familiar; to reclaim; to domesticate; as, to tame a wild beast.
- (superl.) Crushed; subdued; depressed; spiritless.
- (a.) To subdue; to conquer; to repress; as, to tame the pride or passions of youth.
- (v. t.) To broach or enter upon; to taste, as a liquor; to divide; to distribute; to deal out.
- (superl.) Deficient in spirit or animation; spiritless; dull; flat; insipid; as, a tame poem; tame scenery.
- (superl.) Reduced from a state of native wildness and shyness; accustomed to man; domesticated; domestic; as, a tame deer, a tame bird.
Multi Language Dictionary