• Time Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To keep or beat time; to proceed or move in time.
- (n.) Hour of travail, delivery, or parturition.
- (n.) Performance or occurrence of an action or event, considered with reference to repetition; addition of a number to itself; repetition; as, to double cloth four times; four times four, or sixteen.
- (n.) The duration of ones life; the hours and days which a person has at his disposal.
- (n.) Tense.
- (v. t.) To ascertain or record the time, duration, or rate of; as, to time the speed of horses, or hours for workmen.
- (n.) The measured duration of sounds; measure; tempo; rate of movement; rhythmical division; as, common or triple time; the musician keeps good time.
- (n.) The period at which any definite event occurred, or person lived; age; period; era; as, the Spanish Armada was destroyed in the time of Queen Elizabeth; -- often in the plural; as, ancient times; modern times.
- (n.) Duration, considered independently of any system of measurement or any employment of terms which designate limited portions thereof.
- (v. t.) To appoint the time for; to bring, begin, or perform at the proper season or time; as, he timed his appearance rightly.
- (v. i.) To pass time; to delay.
- (n.) A particular period or part of duration, whether past, present, or future; a point or portion of duration; as, the time was, or has been; the time is, or will be.
- (v. t.) To measure, as in music or harmony.
- (n.) The present life; existence in this world as contrasted with immortal life; definite, as contrasted with infinite, duration.
- (n.) A proper time; a season; an opportunity.
- (v. t.) To regulate as to time; to accompany, or agree with, in time of movement.
• Times Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Time
• Timed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Time