Torture Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Torture meaning in French torture. Torture meaning has been search 2527 (two thousand five hundred and twenty-seven) times till 5/25/2022. You can also find Torture meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) Extreme pain; anguish of body or mind; pang; agony; torment; as, torture of mind.
- (v. t.) To keep on the stretch, as a bow.
- (v. t.) To put to torture; to pain extremely; to harass; to vex.
- (v. t.) To punish with torture; to put to the rack; as, to torture an accused person.
- (v. t.) To wrest from the proper meaning; to distort.
- (n.) The act or process of torturing.
- (n.) Especially, severe pain inflicted judicially, either as punishment for a crime, or for the purpose of extorting a confession from an accused person, as by water or fire, by the boot or thumbkin, or by the rack or wheel.
Multi Language Dictionary