Verge Meaning in Spanish
You have searched the English word Verge meaning in Spanish vera. Verge meaning has been search 2476 (two thousand four hundred and seventy-six) times till 12/6/2021. You can also find Verge meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To tend downward; to bend; to slope; as, a hill verges to the north.
- (n.) The external male organ of certain mollusks, worms, etc. See Illustration in Appendix.
- (n.) The penis.
- (n.) The stick or wand with which persons were formerly admitted tenants, they holding it in the hand, and swearing fealty to the lord. Such tenants were called tenants by the verge.
- (n.) The shaft of a column, or a small ornamental shaft.
- (n.) The edge or outside of a bed or border.
- (n.) A border, limit, or boundary of a space; an edge, margin, or brink of something definite in extent.
- (n.) The compass of the court of Marshalsea and the Palace court, within which the lord steward and the marshal of the kings household had special jurisdiction; -- so called from the verge, or staff, which the marshal bore.
- (n.) A rod or staff, carried as an emblem of authority; as, the verge, carried before a dean.
- (n.) A virgate; a yardland.
- (v. i.) To border upon; to tend; to incline; to come near; to approach.
- (n.) A slip of grass adjoining gravel walks, and dividing them from the borders in a parterre.
- (n.) The edge of the tiling projecting over the gable of a roof.
- (n.) The spindle of a watch balance, especially one with pallets, as in the old vertical escapement. See under Escapement.
- (n.) A circumference; a circle; a ring.
Multi Language Dictionary