Wait Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Wait meaning in French attente. Wait meaning has been search 12659 (twelve thousand six hundred and fifty-nine) times till 10/23/2021. You can also find Wait meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To cause to wait; to defer; to postpone; -- said of a meal; as, to wait dinner.
- (v. i.) Ambush.
- (v. i.) One who watches; a watchman.
- (v. t.) To attend on; to accompany; especially, to attend with ceremony or respect.
- (v. i.) The act of waiting; a delay; a halt.
- (v. i.) Musicians who sing or play at night or in the early morning, especially at Christmas time; serenaders; musical watchmen.
- (v. i.) Hautboys, or oboes, played by town musicians; not used in the singular.
- (v. i.) To watch; to observe; to take notice.
- (v. i.) To stay or rest in expectation; to stop or remain stationary till the arrival of some person or event; to rest in patience; to stay; not to depart.
- (v. t.) To stay for; to rest or remain stationary in expectation of; to await; as, to wait orders.
- (v. t.) To attend as a consequence; to follow upon; to accompany; to await.
Multi Language Dictionary