• While Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to pass away pleasantly or without irksomeness or disgust; to spend or pass; -- usually followed by away.
- (n.) That which requires time; labor; pains.
- (conj.) During the time that; as long as; whilst; at the same time that; as, while I write, you sleep.
- (n.) Space of time, or continued duration, esp. when short; a time; as, one while we thought him innocent.
- (prep.) Until; till.
- (v. i.) To loiter.
- (conj.) Hence, under which circumstances; in which case; though; whereas.
• Whiles Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Meanwhile; meantime.
- (n.) sometimes; at times.
- (conj.) During the time that; while.