Wimple Meaning in French
Find Pakistan's authentic, largest, and latest collection of Meanings, Synonyms, Thesaurus, with Antanoyms, Definitions of wide range of different languages words online.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To lie in folds; also, to appear as if laid in folds or plaits; to ripple; to undulate.
- (v. t.) To clothe with a wimple; to cover, as with a veil; hence, to hoodwink.
- (n.) A covering of silk, linen, or other material, for the neck and chin, formerly worn by women as an outdoor protection, and still retained in the dress of nuns.
- (n.) A flag or streamer.
- (v. t.) To draw down, as a veil; to lay in folds or plaits, as a veil.
- (v. t.) To cause to appear as if laid in folds or plaits; to cause to ripple or undulate; as, the wind wimples the surface of water.
Multi Language Dictionary