1.Make 2-3 deep slant cuts in each chicken peice, wash thoroughly and dry with a clean cloth.
2. Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli, poppy seeds, garam masala, papaya, row and brown onion and yogurt.
3. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
4. Heat the piece of charcoal on a stove flame until red hot.
5. Shift the marinated chicken to a pot.
6. Put a foil poper or an onion peel in the middle and place the charcal on it.
7. Pour Dalda Cooking oil over the coal and cover immediately so that the smoke does not excape.
8. After 15-20 minutes, remove the charcoal and cook the chicken on medium heat till water in the chicken dries thoroughly.
9. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat and remove from stove.
10. Dish out in a platter and serve hot with salad, raita and naan.