1. Peel and devien prawns, leaving the tails on.
2. Mix garlic paste, oyster sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, white pepepr powder, MSG and salt to taste.
3. Mix in the prawns and set aside to marinate for two hours, preferably in the refrigerator.
4. Mix refined flour, cornflour, baking powder, three fourth cup of oil salt to taste and three-fourth cup of water.
5. Whisk thoroughly to make a batter of pouring consistency, set aside for twenty minutes.
6. Heat oil in a wok.
7. Dip marinated prawns in the batter and deep-fry on medium heat, turning frequently, for two to three minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
8. Drain on absorbent paper.
9. Serve hot with any sauce.