1. Pour four cups of water in a pan, add tomatoes, gram lentils, red chilies and white cumin and boil till the lentils are tender.
2. When cooked, put the mixture in a blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
3. Heat mixture again.
4. Add the tamarind water and the remaining ingredient and cook till green chilies become tender.
5. In a separate frying pan, heat oil and add fenugreek seeds, white cumin, red chilies and curry leaves.
6. When cooked pour the garnish on tomato mixture and let it cook on very low heat.
7. Add sliced hard-boiled eggs before serving.