1. Heat the oil in a large wok or nonstick frying pan and add the curry leaves.
2. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, and add the shallots.
3. Stir and fry over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, then add the garlic, ginger and fennel seeds.
4. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes, then add the curry powder and tomatoes.
5. Turn the heat to hing and stir fry the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add prawns and cook over a high heat for 6-7 minutes or until the prawns turn pink and are just cooked through.
7. Remove from the heat, season and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
8. Serve immediately with steamed rice.