1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
2. Add beef and chicken coock about 15 minutes, or until chicken is browned on all sides.
3. Add onion and garlic, cook about five minutes loger.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add broth mixed with saffron and bay leaf, cook 30 minutes.
6. Remove bay leaf and add rice.
7. Cover and continue cooking 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, heat 1 or 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy saucepan and add pepper and tomatoes.
9. Cook about 5 minutes and add peas, beans and a little broth to prevent the vegetables from scorching.
10. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, add to rice mixture.
11. Mix in shrimp and mushrooms.
12. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
13. Heat to serving temperature.