1. Mix besan (gram flour) with enough water to form a paste (medium consistency) - stir well
2. Add all dry ingredients to the paste and stir well
3. Now add onions, potatoes, green chillies, and cilantro leaves - stir well
4. Heat oil over medium-high heat
5. Using a tablespoon per pakora, pour mixture into the oil and fry for one minute either side
6. On a plate, or dish, spread paper towel to absorb excess oil
7. Remove fried pakoras and place on dish until you are done frying all the pakoras
8. Remove paper towel and serve with chutny or sauce.