1. In a vessel soak the rice for about half-hour and then clean and wash the same.
2. Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan.
3. Put green cardamoms, large cardamoms, cloves, black pepper corn and tej patta.
4. When they crackle, add ginger paste, mix thoroughly and put beaten curd.
5. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add 3 cups of water.
6. Bring the mixture to boil and then add salt.
7. Drain the water from the soaked rice and add it to the masala.
8. Put water and bring it to a boil.
9. Add the chopped mint leaves, mix cover and cook on low heat till the rice is cooked.
10. Garnish with pudina leaves and serve hot with pickle.