1. With a sharp knife make deep cuts on the breast, thigh and legs of the chicken.
2. Make a paste of lemon juice, red chilli powder and salt and rub over chicken.
3. Set aside for 10 minutes. Whisk yogurt.
4. Add cream, ginger and garlic pastes, cumin, saffron and orange colour.
5. Rub chicken with this mixture and keep aside for 3 1/2 hours.
6. Skewer chicken through neck to tail and roast in a moderately hot oven for 8 minutes and then at 350 ºF for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven. Hang skewers for 5-7 minutes to let moisture drip off.
8. Baste with oil and roast for a further 5 minutes.
9. Cut into pieces and serve as a snack with onion rings and lemon wedges or as part of the main course.