Prawns Balchao – Tasty and healthy Prawns Balchao recipe is available online. Note down the ingredients and method to prepare to make it at home. You can serve it as a full course meal at lunch or dinner for family or friends.
1) Prawns, small size 1 kg
2) Black Peppercorns 2.5 gm
3) Cardamoms 12
4) Cinnamon, 1” each 4 sticks
5) Cloves 5 gm
6) Cumin (jeera) seeds 2.5 gm
7) Curry Leaves 12
8) Garlic Paste 30 gm
9) Ginger Paste 15 gm
10) Groundnut Oil 160 ml
11) Malt Vinegar 160 ml
12) Onions chopped 160 gm
13) Red Chillies 15
14) Sugar 25 gm
15) Tomatoes, Chopped 120 gm
1. Shell, devein, wash and pat dry prawns.
2. Blend the peppercorns, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, cumin and red chillies with the vinegar in a blender.
3. Keep aside. Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry prawns to a golden brown.
4. Remove. Add the onions to the hot oil.
5. Saute till golden brown.
6. Add the ginger and garlic pastes and stir for a minute.
7. Add the tomatoes and the blended paste.
8. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add the fried prawns, curry leaves and sugar and cook till prawns are tender.
10. Serve hot with steamed rice or any Indian bread.