• Awful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Struck or filled with awe; terror-stricken.
- (a.) Frightful; exceedingly bad; great; -- applied intensively; as, an awful bonnet; an awful boaster.
- (a.) Inspiring awe; filling with profound reverence, or with fear and admiration; fitted to inspire reverential fear; profoundly impressive.
- (a.) Oppressing with fear or horror; appalling; terrible; as, an awful scene.
- (a.) Worshipful; reverential; law-abiding.
• Awfulness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of striking with awe, or with reverence; dreadfulness; solemnity; as, the awfulness of this sacred place.
- (n.) The state of being struck with awe; a spirit of solemnity; profound reverence.