• Awful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Struck or filled with awe; terror-stricken.
- (a.) Frightful; exceedingly bad; great; -- applied intensively; as, an awful bonnet; an awful boaster.
- (a.) Inspiring awe; filling with profound reverence, or with fear and admiration; fitted to inspire reverential fear; profoundly impressive.
- (a.) Oppressing with fear or horror; appalling; terrible; as, an awful scene.
- (a.) Worshipful; reverential; law-abiding.
• Awfully Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an awful manner; in a manner to fill with terror or awe; fearfully; reverently.
- (adv.) Very; excessively.