• Counterfeit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who pretends to be what he is not; one who personates another; an impostor; a cheat.
- (adv.) Assuming the appearance of something; false; spurious; deceitful; hypocritical; as, a counterfeit philanthropist.
- (n.) That which resembles or is like another thing; a likeness; a portrait; a counterpart.
- (n.) That which is made in imitation of something, with a view to deceive by passing the false for the true; as, the bank note was a counterfeit.
- (v. t.) To imitate with a view to deceiving, by passing the copy for that which is original or genuine; to forge; as, to counterfeit the signature of another, coins, notes, etc.
- (v. t.) To imitate, or put on a semblance of; to mimic; as, to counterfeit the voice of another person.
- (v. i.) To make counterfeits.
- (adv.) Representing by imitation or likeness; having a resemblance to something else; portrayed.
- (v. i.) To carry on a deception; to dissemble; to feign; to pretend.
- (adv.) Fabricated in imitation of something else, with a view to defraud by passing the false copy for genuine or original; as, counterfeit antiques; counterfeit coin.
• Counterfeited Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Counterfeit