• Dab Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A gentle blow with the hand or some soft substance; a sudden blow or hit; a peck.
- (n.) A name given to several species of flounders, esp. to the European species, Pleuronectes limanda. The American rough dab is Hippoglossoides platessoides.
- (n.) A skillful hand; a dabster; an expert.
- (v. i.) To strike or touch gently, as with a soft or moist substance; to tap; hence, to besmear with a dabber.
- (n.) A small mass of anything soft or moist.
- (v. i.) To strike by a thrust; to hit with a sudden blow or thrust.
• Dabblingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a dabbling manner.
• Dabber Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That with which one dabs; hence, a pad or other device used by printers, engravers, etc., as for dabbing type or engraved plates with ink.