• Hob Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A threaded and fluted hardened steel cutter, resembling a tap, used in a lathe for forming the teeth of screw chasers, worm wheels, etc.
- (n.) A countryman; a rustic; a clown.
- (n.) A fairy; a sprite; an elf.
- (n.) The flat projection or iron shelf at the side of a fire grate, where things are put to be kept warm.
- (n.) The hub of a wheel. See Hub.
- (n.) The male ferret.
- (n.) A peg, pin, or mark used as a target in some games, as an iron pin in quoits; also, a game in which such a target is used.
• Hobandnob Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) Same as Hobnob.