• Humanitarian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Benevolent; philanthropic.
- (a.) Content with right affections and actions toward man; ethical, as distinguished from religious; believing in the perfectibility of mans nature without supernatural aid.
- (n.) One who denies the divinity of Christ, and believes him to have been merely human.
- (n.) One who is actively concerned in promoting the welfare of his kind; a philanthropist.
- (n.) One who limits the sphere of duties to human relations and affections, to the exclusion or disparagement of the religious or spiritual.
- (a.) Pertaining to humanitarians, or to humanitarianism; as, a humanitarian view of Christs nature.
• Humanitarianism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The distinctive tenet of the humanitarians in denying the divinity of Christ; also, the whole system of doctrine based upon this view of Christ.
- (n.) The doctrine that mans obligations are limited to, and dependent alone upon, man and the human relations.