• Strict Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Rigidly; interpreted; exactly limited; confined; restricted; as, to understand words in a strict sense.
- (a.) Tense; not relaxed; as, a strict fiber.
- (a.) Upright, or straight and narrow; -- said of the shape of the plants or their flower clusters.
- (a.) Strained; drawn close; tight; as, a strict embrace; a strict ligature.
- (a.) Governed or governing by exact rules; observing exact rules; severe; rigorous; as, very strict in observing the Sabbath.
- (a.) Exact; accurate; precise; rigorously nice; as, to keep strict watch; to pay strict attention.
• Striction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of constricting, or the state of being constricted.