• Wiping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wipe
• Wipe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The lapwing.
- (n.) Act of rubbing, esp. in order to clean.
- (n.) A blow; a stroke; a hit; a swipe.
- (n.) A handkerchief.
- (v. t.) To rub with something soft for cleaning; to clean or dry by rubbing; as, to wipe the hands or face with a towel.
- (n.) A gibe; a jeer; a severe sarcasm.
- (v. t.) To remove by rubbing; to rub off; to obliterate; -- usually followed by away, off or out. Also used figuratively.
- (v. t.) To cheat; to defraud; to trick; -- usually followed by out.
- (n.) Stain; brand.