Easy Steps for Daal Chawal Recipe
1. Wash Masoor dal 3-4 times with water and soak for 15 minutes.
2. Pressure cook dal with 3 cup water,turmeric and pinch of salt over medium-high heat for about 15 mins. or until it gets tender.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
4. Splutter cumin seeds, Mustard and chopped green chillies, stir it for 15-30 secs.
5. Then add onion, garlic, ginger, and cook for about 3-4 mins. stirring frequently.
6. Add, chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook further on medium flame for 2-3 mins.
7. Now, add cooked Masoor dal mixture and Coriander powder to the large frying pan and turn the heat to low, stir it well, cover the pan and cook further for 10 mins.
8. or until the dal gets soften and gets little dissolved in a mixture.
For Chawal (Rice) :
1. Wash rice 3-4 times with water.
2. Combine it with water and a pinch of salt in a pressure cooker and cook for about 8-10 mins.
3. Over medium-high flame.
4. Serve bhat (rice) in a plate and pour hot dal on it.
5. Try some Indian pickle along with it.