Try Shammi Dahi Baray to bring the change on your Ramadan Table, Shammi Dahi Baray Recipe is very rare, it is often used in foreign countries, serve as a snack, iftari, tea time or light lunch.
1.Place lamb in the pot and add salt, red chilli, coriander, turmeric, cumin, onion, ginger, garlic and dal.
2. Pour enough water to cover lamb and cook until meat is tender.
3. Allow most of the water to evaporate and drain the rest.
4. Use a blender to turn the mixture into a paste, adding the garam masala.
5. Divide paste into equal size tikkis.
6. Flatten out the tikkis using wet hands and give each one a smooth and even shape.
7. Heat oil and fry a few tikkis at a time until they are golden brown.
8. Dip them in a buttermilk and leave to soak for a few minutes.
9. Take the tikkis out and gently squeeze out excess buttermilk.
10. Arrange tikkis in a shallow dish.
11. Pour yoghurt mixed with salt, sugar and chopped mint over them.
12. Garnish with roasted cumin powder.
13. Add chopped coriander and red chilli powder to taste and serve cold.
14. Chef's tip: Do not refrigerate the tikkis as they will lose their softness.