Spicy Gourd (Karela) Recipe
Spicy Gourd (Karela) - Preparing unique recipes at home has become simple. Browse online for some mouth watering recipes on this page. Prepare specialized Spicy Gourd (Karela) recipe by following the ingredients and method posted here.
1) Red chilli powder 1 tsp
2) Coriander seeds, roughly chopped 1 tsp
3) Garlic paste 1 tsp
4) Cumin seeds 1 tsp
5) Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
6) Tamarind juice 1/4 cup
7) Onions, sliced 2
8) Gourd (karelas) 500 grams
9) Salt to taste
1. Peel and slice the gourd.
2. Sprinkle salt and put aside for an hour.
3. Wash the vegetable with water.
4. If you want to remove its bitterness boil in water for five minutes and drain.
5. Heat oil in a pan, fry onions, garlic paste and cumin seeds.
6. Add the other ingredients along with the gourd.
7. Cover the pan and cook till tender.